NEWS THAT CAN IMPROVE YOUR PRACTICE: from IDS 2017
I remember with pleasure my ﬁ rst visit I made to my father at the time of me dental school period in 2005 at International Dental Show (IDS) in Cologne, Germany.
Since then, I have been visiting this world-wide exhibit, manufacturer and dental barometer worldwide for two years, where you can get acquainted with the latest news that can signiﬁ cantly improve your current work practice.
At the last working session of the Editorial Operative Team of Stomatology Edu Journal organized by the Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Jean François Roulet, the fresh Dr hc of the “Carol Davila” University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Bucharest, I was nominated to support a new heading: “News that can improve your practice”. Of course, in order to better inform the readers of Stomatology Edu Journal, I will improve my information at the International Dental Show (IDS) with data from Dental Compare, Dental News, infoDent, Dental Economics, Dentistry Today etc.
Since I participated in the latest IDS in Cologne in March, 21-25, 2017 will present the leading technologies that have attracted my attention signiﬁ cantly:
• GC presented an intraoral scanner for beginners, Aadva IOS;
• 3Shape introduced the ﬁ rst wireless intraoral scanner, Trio 3;
• Condor has provided the ﬁ rst 2-generation miniature intraoral scanner that produces high-ﬁ delity natural images;
• Zebris Medical has introduced an optical jaw measurement and occlusal analysis system;
• EMS has introduced a new oral hygiene device, AIRFLOW Prophylaxis Master;
• Dr. Choukroun introduced the new series of PRF DUO for A-PRF & i-PRF;
• Philips introduced the new Sonicare DiamondClean Smart toothbrush and the application that monitors the correct oral hygiene practices;
• Ivoclar Vivadent introduced 54 new products, including the PrograMill series consisting of four milling machines;
• Planmeca introduced the new Emerald intraoral scanner, which produces high-quality images;
• Komet will offer new burs for better polishing of composites and all-ceramics adjusting, ﬁ nishing and polishing and sectioning all-ceramic restorations;
• DMG has introduced a new 3-D printer and related milling materials;
• Voco has set up a complete digital workﬂ ow.
Of course I could continue listing the signiﬁ cant products that were exposed this year by the dental manufacturers present. I reserve for the following numbers to give you a more detailed presentation.
Florin – Eugen Constantinescu DMD, PhD Student
Editorial Director, Product News