The gold standard for detecting buried dental implants – RomiPointerTM Implant Detector of Romidan Ltd., Israel
Florin – Eugen Constantinescu
DMD, PhD Student, Editorial Director, Product News
As I am a fan of complex oral rehabilitations, during the IDS dental exhibition in Cologne, I tried to identify the latest tools that help oral implantology. Thus, we came across some Israeli exhibitors who displayed a device for detecting implants buried beneath the gingival tissues in two-stage implantology. These dental implant detectors are manufactured by four companies, DSI Dental Solutions Israel Ltd., Edison Medical LTD., Forum Engineering Technologies (96) Ltd., and Romidan Ltd.
Later on, consulting the literature we noticed that the device for detecting dental implants is also manufactured in Belgium, Italy, Germany, UK, Turkey, Korea or USA.
The device detecting dental implants is a precise instrument that uses advanced technology, with an ergonomic design, easy to use and accessible, offering a non-invasive alternative to the exploratory mucoperiosteal flaps and retroalveolar radiographs, useful to qualified dental staff, implantologists and general practitioners working with dental implants.
The dental implant detector acts as a vibration generator, the LC electronic Colpitts type of feedback system that uses the metal resonant circuit to verify the location of the implants.
To better understand the device detecting buried implants, I have chosen to present the RomiPointerTM Implant Detector of Romidan Ltd.
The RomiPointerTM Implant Detector is not recommended for the use of patients or personnel who have a pacemaker or other implanted electrical devices.
When using the RomiPointerTM Implant Detector , the manufacturer recommends that we take some precautions:
- the device is not to be used near devices emitting electromagnetic noise, such as fluorescent lamps, film viewers, ultrasound devices, etc. These devices must be switched off.
- the device is to be protected against the occasional spillage of liquids.
- the device is not to be used in the presence of flammable anesthetic materials, mixtures with air, oxygen or nitrous oxide.
- the device should only be used with its original accessories.
- a new or sterilized sensor is to be used for each patient so as to prevent transmission of the infectious agent.
- avoid the presence of metal objects in the vicinity of the sensor during the operation of the device in order not to distort the location.
The standard package includes:
- RomiPointerTM Implant Detector – 1 pc.
- AA alkaline battery – 1 pc.
- Sensor holder – 2 pc.
- Sensor – 5 pc.
- User Manual – 1 pc.
The use of the RomiPointerTM Implant Detector is accessible and precise. When the sensor approaches the implant, four segments turn green constantly. Continue moving the sensor in the same direction, until the segments become orange, which indicates that the implant is out of position. The sensor turns back along the same path until the four green segments reappear. When the sensor returns to the implant position, the four segments go off and the center point turns green indicating the precise location of the implant, which is also accompanied by an audio signal. There follows the marking of the implant location with the help of the dental probe.
As a user of the RomiPointerTM Implant Detector device, allow me to recommend it to you and mention its main benefits:
– accurate and reliable detection of the dental implant center;
– saving time and money;
– does not require any suture after the implant is exposed;
– reducing the dose of injection anesthesia;
– eliminates the need for gingival incision;
– significantly reduces the duration of the treatment time;
– considerably less complications after treatment;
– obtaining accurate results with different systems of dental implants
Figures are shown in pdf document
| (read pdf) |