Florin – Eugen Constantinescu
DMD, PhD Student; Editorial Director, Product News
In dentistry, over time, various practitioners have introduced various tool kits bearing their name to have a more ergonomic therapeutic act. Thus, in my own practice I have successfully used a series of tool kits, such as: the kit for preparing the contour of the prosthetic reconstructions of Prof. Mario Martignoni, TDA Kit Martignoni (North Bel International SRL, Italy), the kit for predictable and precise tooth preparation techniques for porcelain laminate veneers (PLV) by Dr. Galip Gürel (Komet, Germany), preparation set for modified chamfer according to Dr. Domenico Massironi (Komet, Germany), a kit of coordinated diamond instruments for conservative, controlled preparation of ceramic veneers, called “Keramik-Veneers.de” by Dr. Oliver Ahlers (Komet, Germany) or TPS2 Set for inlay, crown and bridge preparation according to Dr. Bernard Touati (Komet, Germany).
Lately I have been focusing on complex dento-periodontal treatments. To streamline the therapeutic act of debridement of the inflammatory tissue, we have successfully used the method of mechanical debridement to eliminate elements that may inhibit healing or promote infection.
The mechanical debridement method can be practiced with good results using the degranulation kit designed by Dr. Efraim Kfir produced by Strauss & Co., Ra’Anana, Israel.
The kit comes with four specially designed 31mm long burs with heads of different sizes (1mm, 2.5mm, 3.1mm, 3.5mm), a cleaning brush and a suction tube.
After tooth extraction the degranulation kit is used to biologically clean the empty socket from debris, inflamed soft tissues, remnants or roots of teeth and loose bone fragments, which all can impede the healing process.
The use of the degranulation kit is contraindicated in patients whose dental implantation is contraindicated.
The manufacturer makes a series of recommendations regarding the use of the degranulation kit:
• The kit is to be used only by qualified and trained professionals.
• It is recommended to read the instructions for use before using the kit.
• It is mandatory to sterilize the cutters and the suction tube before the initial use and between patients.
• It is not recommended to exceed the maximum speed indicated by the manufacturer.
• Check the complete insertion of the chuck and the correct fixing in the head of the handpiece before use.
• Instruments are handled with sterile gloves.
• Eye protection with goggles or Full Face Protective Shield Visor against discharged particles is recommended.
• The surgical mask must be worn to avoid inhalation of aerosols or generated dust.
Following the use of the degranulation kit, I myself and any practitioner have found the undeniable advantages it offers:
• Provides good results in oral implantology, periodontal surgery, endodontic surgery and root removal.
• Tear off all remnants of soft tissue firmly attached to the bone and remove them without affecting the walls of the alveolar bone.
• An optimal debridement of the inflammatory tissue is achieved, which cannot be done manually with the surgical spoon curette.
• Ensures a fast and efficient debridement procedure.
• Diamond cutters are more precise and do not catch the bone compared to tungsten cutters.
• The cutters are driven by the physio-dispenser working in a sterile environment.
• Adjustable working speed depending on the type of procedure performed.
• Single suction with multiple uses designed exclusively for direct viewing of the infected area to ensure optimal debridement.
• Ensures maximum safety when working near anatomical structures.
Figures are shown in pdf document
| (read pdf) |