The gold standard for visualizing the possibilities of aesthetic dental makeover directly on the patient: IvoSmile
Florin – Eugen Constantinescu
DMD, PhD Student
Editorial Director, Product News
During the latest International Dental Show (IDS) in Cologne, Germany, as a dental aesthetics enthusiast, I myself surveyed the market for materials, devices and appliances for dental aesthetics. While visiting the Ivoclar Vivadent AG stand, I met Dr. Andreea Czimermann, our representative who was kind enough to show me the latest news. My attention was immediately captured by the communication and counseling tool for dental professionals based on “augmented reality” called IvoSmile. This digital technology facilitates communication between dentists, patients and dental technicians and makes the design process simpler and easier to understand.
The software application makes it possible to show the patients a preview of the aesthetic change undergone by their smile via aesthetic corrections (aesthetic dental makeover) of their teeth directly in the patient’s own mouth in a short period of time. Dental corrections can be displayed in live, photo or video mode. Professionals are offered the opportunity to present patients on the iPad or iPhone with an aesthetic dental make-up, with no strings attached and without expensive photos or models, or time-consuming explanations. A virtual image or video helps patients to better understand the purpose of the treatment, to decide whether or not to spend their time and money on the planned cosmetic treatment.
The manufacturing company Ivoclar Vivadent AG recommends the software application for the following AREAS OF APPLICATION:
• Digital communication and consulting for a clear and motivating dialogue with patients
• Quick visualization of the potential results of the
corrective aesthetic treatment, including the possibilities of personalized modification of the virtual teeth
• Simulated whitening of one’s natural teeth
• Preview of the potential result of the aesthetic treat-
ment during the orthodontic consultation by means of the IvoSmile® Orthodontics app.
There are a series of technical requirements conditioning the use of the IvoSmile software application: Apple iPad with 64-bit processor and iOS 10 or a subsequent version of the operating system.
Using the IvoSmile software app generates a number of ADVANTAGES:
• Real-time visualization of the aesthetic corrections of the teeth directly in the patient’s mouth
• Visualizations make complex treatments easier to explain
• Awakening the patients’ emotions and gaining them as clients
• Facilitating communication between the clinic and the dental laboratory
• Avoid complications arising from misunderstandings or disagreements
• Explain the potential limitations (due to the patient’s
anatomy) that have an impact on achieving an aesthetic treatment in words that patients understand.
• Customization options for: tooth shape, tooth size, color, brightness, etc.
• Virtual whitening (for instance, of the existing tooth or the virtual one)
• Archiving function (save and re-edit)
• Sending the viewing images by email
If, like me, you intend to position your clinical activity as an innovative modern practice, take advantage of the free 30-day trial period and get to know IvoSmile through the Apple App Store perspective.
| read pdf |